Thursday, August 3, 2017

Let's get ready to Kickstart! || Kickstarter Games #1



Hey everybody! Welcome to Gaming in Pajamas. Today, I am starting a new series that will help to showcase game from Kickstarter and Indiegogo that I feel are worth keeping an eye on, or backing. I already do share a lot of games that are on Kickstarter or Indiegogo, but those are typically games that I HAVE backed myself. These games may not be games that I have the ability to back myself, but would certainly deserve it. (Funds can get pretty tight, ya know?)

Alright, so let’s start with our first collection of Kickstarter and/or Indiegogo games!

1. Hex Gambit

They're so cute!
Source: Kickstarter Page 
Hex Gambit is a fast and fluid turn based strategy game in the works by One Man Left. In this stylish game, you drag and drop your minions onto the game board during turn 1, then you head to battle in turn 2. The mechanics seem simple enough for even casual gamers to be able to start with.

The graphics are cute, and the character designs look unique. I am a big fan of strategy games. I grew up playing Final Fantasy Tactics and I’ve enjoyed a few Fire Emblem games as well, so this looks right up my alley.

You can watched some pre-alpha game footage, and get an overview from the developers on the Kickstarter page, which can be found *here*. The game IS already fully funded, though there are 23 days left in the campaign. The developers have much more they want to add to the game though, so the more the merrier (and better).

2. Rising Dusk

Rising Dusk is an action adventure game in the works by Studio Strobie. The game involves Japanese folklore, and anyone who knows me knows how much I like folklore/urban legend/mythology. You play as Tamako, a young girl who finds herself trapped in the realm of the Yokai—supernatural monsters, spirits and demons of Japanese folklore. She has to make it to the top of the mountain to get back home.

There is a demo for the game, which I played, and rather enjoyed. The graphics are cute and the colors are eyecatching and lovely. The controls are a bit floaty, which made it difficult to control Tamako at times when trying to bounce off enemies. Maybe it was because I am using a keyboard. Perhaps using a gamepad would help?

Where this game especially stands out is with one particular mechanic that is a problem for those who like to collect everything within a stage or level (like me). In Rising Dusk you will come across numbered blocks that may block your path, or be essential to crossing an area. As you collect gold coins, be sure to keep track of how many you have, because if you have the same number of coins as the number on the block, then that block will vanish when you touch it. This can be good if you need to get an item it’s blocking, or bad if you needed that block to bridge a gap. So beware!

Overall as simple as this game looks, I’m intrigued and I definitely feel that it has the potential to be a great game. You can check out the kickstarter page *here* and it also has a link to download the demo there as well.

3. Ekko and the Firefly 

I love the atmosphere.
Source: Kickstarter Page

Ekko and the Firefly is an endless runner mobile game in the works from Bally Boosh. I know I usually don’t talk about mobile games, but this game really stood out to me. Visually the game is stunning. I love the 2D graphics and style. Ekko is adorable, and at first look I thought of Kiki, from the anime film Kiki’s Delivery Service. I came to find that the developers did in fact find inspiration within Hayao Miyazaki’s films, as well as many other places.

They’re about $10,000 from their goal, with only a week to go. I hope to get to back the game myself once I am able to, but I hope that others will be able to help also. Visit the kickstarter page and view the images, and you can also hear from the co-founder of the game about their vision and plans. Do all that on the Kickstarter page *here*.

4. Jettomero 

@_@ I love it!
Source: Kickstarter Page

Jettomero is a stylish game about a robot that wants to save humanity from unknown intergalactic threats. It’s in the works by Gabriel Koening, and has a very modest Kickstarter goal of $3,975. The game itself is very colorful, almost child-like. I don’t mean that in a bad way, I like the way the game looks.

Jettomero is like a clumsy robot who means well but just fumbles around. I think it’s endearing. The buildings he’s destroying and the humans/lifeforms he’s killing probably don’t see it that way though. The game mechanics look interesting. It looks like there are puzzles, battle sequences, and Jettomero is also customizable (as long as you find the parts)!

This looks like a fun and quirky game worth keeping an eye on. I hope to back when I get the chance! Be sure to check out the Kickstarter page for yourself to see what else this game has to offer *here*.

That's all I have for today! Thanks for stopping in, as always! I hope you found a game here worthy of your money and attention. Happy gaming!

Bell

0 comments:

Post a Comment